[R] Re: metafile copy and R 1.9.0, trellis, grid

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat May 8 16:48:41 CEST 2004

OK. Deepayan sent me the copy of a chat on another list between John Fox, Duncan Murdoch and Paul Murrell.  The bug in the gui.exe
looks like being reported with an example to turn it before he has been definetely fixed. Just try:

trellis.device("win.metafile", file="test.emf")
data(iris)
cloud(Sepal.Length ~ Petal.Length * Petal.Width | Species, data =
iris, screen = list(x = -90, y = 70), distance = .4, zoom = .6)
dev.off()

This set of commands create a file ("test.emf") in the working directory, write a cloud plot in the file and shut down the device.
The file "test.emf" can then be imported from any software reading metafiles. I tried it with my own xyplot trouble and got
absolutely good result. Very easy, even to me!!!

Thanks to them for the hint,

Patrick