[R] bilinear and non linear

Pfaff, Bernhard Bernhard.Pfaff at drkw.com
Tue May 11 16:22:01 CEST 2004

> Dear all,
> there are R packages able to simulate or estimate bilinear
> model for time
> series?
> I know it is an open problem, but do exist something for very
> simplified
> bilinear models?

Hello Dario,

well, it should be possible to estimate a bilinear model by employing nls()
or optim().

> Alternatively, what kinfd of non linear time series models
> are performed
> in R?

Almost any, have a look at the contributed packages "tseries" and "ts". You
can as well set up your own likelihood function and solve numerically (see
above). There are/should be no limitations.

> If R is not able, could someone suggest me for some
> commercial softwares
> to deal with bilinear models?

by googling on "bilenear models", I found the following link, which mentions
"XploRe" of Prof. Härdle:

http://www.quantlet.com/mdstat/scripts/xlg/html/xlghtmlnode53.html
http://www.xplore-stat.de/index_js.html

HTH,