[R] Problem installing SparseM on Debian stable

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Wed May 12 17:10:56 CEST 2004

> You need to find a version of SparseM in the CRAN archive of comparable
> age to your R version (nearly two years),
>
> *or*, much better, update your R to 1.9.0 (or the current patched
> version)

What you said.  :)

the current R packages available in debian unstable work VERY well.
as a bonus, quite a few of the CRAN packages have been debianized and are
quite easy to install.

so, to sum up, there's likely no good reason for someone to be running
that ancient version of R on a debian machine, other than sheer
stubbornness.

elijah