[R] please help with estimation of true correlations andreliabilities

"Jens Oehlschlägel" joehl at gmx.de
Thu May 13 17:09:14 CEST 2004

Dear John,
Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your quick answers and the pointer to semnet.
I try to clarify on my assumptions:

- yes, I am willing to assume multivariate normality
- no, I don't want to assume a single factor model
- I assume there is an unknown number of factors, and I do not know which
items belong to which factors

but I still want to estimate single item reliabilities

Is this impossible?
How can one specify such unspecified model to sem?
Which (exploratory?) function would me help doing this?
Or just: what should I read?

Thanks for any help

Jens Oehlschlägel