[R] storage of lm objects in a database

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu May 13 17:22:19 CEST 2004

Arne,

There are several database access packages for R.  I use RMySQL, but there
are several others (ODBC, etc.).  However, as far as I know (and I may be
wrong), there is not a persistence API for R objects (in a relational DB
sense), but you could certainly deconstruct the objects and store their
parts for later reconstruction of the objects.  I guess another option would
be a scheme of saved results (files) indexed in some way so that you could
get the results, but I can't think of a way to make this fast.

Sean