[R] Build R-1.9.0 with static libraries ?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 18 10:31:59 CEST 2004

You make the changes to config.site, not Makeconf directly.  I think you
want to alter

## The flags which are necessary for loading main program which will
## load DLLs at runtime.  HP-UX and Linux-elf are examples of platforms
## which use this.  These platforms are already taken care of by
## configure, and anything set here will be in addition unless MAIN_LD
## is given.
## For example, one can set flags for profiling here.
## MAIN_LDFLAGS=

My guess is that you want -Bstatic.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk