[R] Build R-1.9.0 with static libraries ?

Mélanie PELEGRINI-ISSAC Melanie.Pelegrini at imed.jussieu.fr
Wed May 19 22:04:17 CEST 2004

> so please set MAIN_LD as it suggests (and that's why I quoted the whole
> thing for you to read!)

OK, I've set MAIN_LD to 'gcc -Bstatic'
but now 'make' fails for the following reason:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library "$BuildDir/library/methods/libs/methods.so":
   $BuildDir/library/methods/libs/methods.so: undefined symbol: R_GlobalEnv
Execution halted
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library "$BuildDir/library/stats/libs/stats.so":
   $BuildDir/library/stats/libs/stats.so: undefined symbol: R_GlobalEnv
Execution halted
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library "$BuildDir/library/tools/libs/tools.so":
   $BuilDir/library/tools/libs/tools.so: undefined symbol: R_NaString
Error: couldn't find function ".installPackageNamespaceInfo"
In addition: Warning message:
package tools in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Execution halted

So I'm afraid I'm still missing a flag somewhere... I'm sorry but I'm
not used compiling such packages so I cannot figure out where I made a
mistake.

Thanks again for your patience :-(

Melanie