[R] storing binary numbers

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Wed May 19 16:50:33 CEST 2004

Hi,
  is there any function that would allow me to read in a string of 1 or
0's (which can be very long) and then convert that to a binary number so
that I cn do logical operations (as well as operations such number of
1's or number of 0's)

Currently I do it by creating a vector and have written functions to do
what I need - I was wondering whether there was anything native to R for
this type of thing (bitset)

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE