[R] Building R on Fedora Core 2 from the src rpm

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed May 19 18:42:51 CEST 2004

On 05/19/04 12:34, Christopher Albert wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The libtk8.3 dependencies in the R-1.9.0 rpm generate apt conflicts
>after an upgrade from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora core 2.

Although I did not use apt or attempt to rebuild the rpm, I was
able to install the rpm by first installing the versions of tcl
and tk that came with Fedora Core 1, thus replacing the Core 2
versions with older versions.  Today I just updated to the final
version of Core 2 and let the installer update tk and tcl.  I am
still able to run R (although I haven't tried anything that
depends on tcl or tk, such Rcmdr).  I think there is a single
file that matters to the RPM.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/