[R] Repeated measures ANOVA

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu May 20 17:55:13 CEST 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 11:11:46PM -0600, GIDEON WASSERBERG wrote:
> Dear friends
>
> I am not sure that I am conducting this analysis correctly.
> I would really appreciate if someone can verify what I've done.

> I conducted repeated measures ANOVA for some bugs data.
> These bugs were measured repeatedly over 32 weeks at the
> same trapping plots. I want to test a full model for the
> effect of time ("week") (the "within subject" variable),
> and the main effects are: place, station,species, and all
> the interactions thereof.

Since there's likely some serious time and location dependence
here, I suggest you get a copy of Pinheiro and Bates.

@Book{PinheiroBates2000,
  author =	 {Jos\'e C. Pinheiro and Douglas M. Bates},
  title =	 "Mixed-Effects Models in S and S-PLUS",
  publisher =	 {Springer-Verlag},
  year =	 {2000},
  address =	 {New York}
}

Since performing statistical consulting for free is a
dangerous prescedent to the profession, I'll leave it
at that :)

Cheers

Jason
--