[R] Re: Windows versus Unix packages in CRAN ...

Tamas Papp tpapp at axelero.hu
Fri May 21 15:41:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:02:15AM -0300, Rolf Turner wrote:

> And I think it is perfectly ***fair*** to say to say that the package
> maintainers could and should have done a better job of setting up the
> package to make it run out-of-the-box on Linux.

You are probably right in saying that they _could_ have done better,
but I would not use "should" in this context.  AFAIK the package is
free (as in beer) software, which means that you are not paying for
it.  The maintainers probably do not need a Linux version (yet), so it
was not easy to use it under Linux.  Feel free to contribute.

But if you ask nicely and propose the solution that appeared on this
list, they will probably make it work from linux out-of-the-box.

Best,

Tamas

--
Tamás K. Papp
E-mail: tpapp at axelero.hu
Please try to send only (latin-2) plain text, not HTML or other garbage.