[R] Tramo-seats

v.demartino2@virgilio.it v.demartino2 at virgilio.it
Mon May 24 12:00:46 CEST 2004

Working  - among other things- in the field of (short & long term) electricity
forecast,  we are now using too many & too expensive pieces of licensed
software: SAS, SPSS, EViews. This "sedimentation" is due to the fact that
my predecessors in the past used different consultant companies to manage
each procedure.

Having attended the useR2004! Conference with the aim of assessing if R
ALONE could "glue" all those fragmented and isolated procedures, I'm almost
convinced now that YES it could do the job!

Now - to start with - a first problem to solve:

we have to comply with the Tramo-seats closed-source procedure (http://www.bde.es/informes/be/docs/dt0014e.pdf)
to deal with seasonality of electricity monthly time-series, in line with
the methodology officially adopted by our  National Bureau of Statistics.

Searching in R-help mailing list I didn't find anything about a tramo-seats
R version.

Does anyone know of unofficial R translation of tramo-seats?
OR What do you suggest?

Vittorio