[R] Stopping the process after a certain time

Andrew Robinson andrewr at uidaho.edu
Mon May 24 16:37:46 CEST 2004

Greetings R-community,

I'm running simulations within R that I wrote in C.  The simulations
require fitting that occasionally fails to finish.  I was wondering if
there is any kind of tool for process control in R, such that after e.g.
15 minutes I could kill the process, record the state for post-hoc
analysis, and move to the next simulation?

I'm running FreeBSD and could almost surely do something in Perl but I'd
rather stay inside R if possible.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Robinson			     Ph: 208 885 7115
Department of Forest Resources	     Fa: 208 885 6226
University of Idaho		     E : andrewr at uidaho.edu
PO Box 441133			     W : http://www.uidaho.edu/~andrewr
Moscow ID 83843			     Or: http://www.biometrics.uidaho.edu
No statement above necessarily represents my employer's opinion.