[R] Applications of the Distance from a Point to a Curve

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue May 25 02:26:43 CEST 2004

      With maps in R, it can sometimes be desirable to compute the
minimum distance between two polygons and / or find any intersections
between two lines and / or polygons.

      Some clustering algorithms use the minimum distance between a
given point and all points in a cluster.

      Are examples like this relevant to your question?

      spencer graves