[R] RE: ROracle on RHEL 3 x86_64

mark.threefoot@amd.com mark.threefoot at amd.com
Wed May 26 02:56:29 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have gotten past the segmentation fault issue.  I needed to set the environment variable LD_PRELOAD to libclntsh.so.9.0.  I still have another issue, whenever I query the database I get back an empty result set.  Has anyone come across this?  Here is the example code that I am using:

> library('ROracle')
> ora <- Oracle()
> con <- dbConnect(ora, "username/password at database")
> rs <- dbGetQuery(con, "select x, g from R_TEST")
> rs
<Expired OraResult:(7115,0,1)>

or alternatively:

> library('ROracle')
> ora <- Oracle()
> con <- dbConnect(ora, "username/password at database")
> res <- dbSendQuery(con, statement = paste("SELECT X, G FROM R_TEST"))
> res
<OraResult:(7054,0,1)>
> data1 <- fetch(res, n = 100)
Warning message:
no more records to fetch in: oraFetch(res, n, ...)
> data1
NULL data frame with 0 rows
> dim(data1)
[1] 0 0