[R] multi read.table function and read.table function not accepting col.names

Laura Quinn laura at env.leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 26 15:45:39 CEST 2004

Thank you for your earlier help, I have a couple of related questions.

With the lapply function, is it still possible to assign column names to
each column of every data frame, again I have tried and it doesn't seem to
like it..

and is it also possible to assign names to each data frame when I do
lapply rather than each one being a subset of a larger frame (I don't seem
to be able to attach these as individual objects).

Thanks again,
Laura