[R] Rcmd check, windows xp, perl (2)

TEMPL Matthias Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at
Thu May 27 14:20:35 CEST 2004

 Thank you for your help. I´m sorry that I found not the right
 entries in the R-devel. Now, I have again a problem.

 After installing all needed things I have run
 Rcmd INSTALL -l ../mypkg  	and respectively
 make mypkg

 By running Rcmd check I get following message:
 	* checking for working latex ...Error: environment
 variable TMPDIR not set (or set to unusable value) and no
 default available. At
 D:\Programme\R\rw1090\share\perl/R/Utils.pm line 153

 By running Rcmd built I get following message:
 	Please set TMPDIR to a valid temporary directory

 My TMPDIR is on "D:\temp" , which is known by R.
 In "Utils.pm" I have no idea how to set TMPDIR at  sub R_tempfile

 Maybe this problem was discussed in Oct 2002.

 Can anybody help me again please?

 Thanks,
 Matthias

 (I´m running R version 1.9.0 on Windows XP, perl 5.8.3)