[R] Using R in C++

Heinz Grimm grimm.heinz at rcc.ch
Thu May 27 16:27:34 CEST 2004

>Hello,

Hi Jorgen,

>Is it possible to use R functions (in my case: ks.test()) from C++
>-applications? That is, I get the impression R can execute C/C++ code,
but
>is there any possibility to do the opposite? Where can I find help?

You can use R-(D)COM to call R functions from a C++ application.
R-(D)COM is a COM-server and comes with sample code, that
shows how to call R from Visual Basic (via the COM-server).
If you know, how to access COM objects from C++, you can
easily translate the Visual Basic Code to C++. You didn't mention,
which platform you are using, of course this works only for Windows.
You find R-(D)COM at http://cran.at.r-project.org/other-software.html
and the R-(D)COM mailing list at
http://mailman.csd.univie.ac.at/pipermail/rcom-l/

Heinz

Ph. D. Jörgen Wallerman
Remote Sensing Laboratory
S901 83 UMEÅ

This message has been scanned by F-Secure
Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.

This e-mail transmission contains confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. You are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited if you are not the
intended recipient. Please inform the sender and delete the message from
your system if you have received this e-mail transmission in error.
Thank you.