[R] GLMM error in ..1?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat May 29 02:32:53 CEST 2004

      I'm trying to use GLMM in library(lme4), R 1.9.0pat, updated just
now.  I get an error message I can't decipher:

library(lme4)
set.seed(1)
n <- 10
N <- 1000
DF <- data.frame(yield=rbinom(n, N, .99)/N, nest=1:n)
fit <- GLMM(yield~1, random=~1|nest, family=binomial, data=DF,
              weights=rep(N, n))

Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : ..1 used in an incorrect context,
no ... to look in

      Is there something I can do to get past this short of working
through the code for GLMM line by line?

      Also, I gather GLMM does not currently accept
binomial(link="cloglog"):

 > fit <- GLMM(1-yield~1, random=~1|nest, family=binomial(link="cloglog"),
+               data=DF,weights=rep(N, n))
Error in getClass(thisClass) : "family" is not a defined class
Error in GLMM(1 - yield ~ 1, random = ~1 | nest, family = binomial(link
= "cloglog"),  :
    S language method selection got an error when called from internal
dispatch for function "GLMM"

      Thanks,
      spencer graves