[R] Putting referenced titles on plots

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon May 31 19:37:08 CEST 2004

      1.  That seems strange.  The following simplification of your
function produced sensible results for me:

             hist(1:4, main= "1098_s_at")

      I got similar results from your exact statement after first
defining names and ctx as follows:

      names <- letters[1:3]
      ctx <- data.frame(x=1:4, y=1:4, a=1:4)

      In each case, I got a histogram with a standard text title at the
top.  What version of R are you running?  If it's NOT R 1.9.0pat, you
might try upgrading -- and then running "update.packages()".

      2. "names" is that name of a function, and it is generally
considered bad practice to mask function names with names of other
objects, even though R can often (though not always) determine which
object you want from the context.  What do you get from "conflicts()"?

      hope this helps.  spencer graves