[R] suse 9.2 question

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Nov 1 21:09:15 CET 2004

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> WAYNE KING wrote:
>
> > Hi all, I checked the archive and didn't see an anser to this. I
> > updated to Suse 9.2 with kde 3.3 and the installed version of R
> > (from the suse 9.1) rpms came up with the following failed
> > dependencies (after querying the rpm)  error: Failed dependencies:
> > libg2c.so.0 is needed by R-base-patched1.9.0-1
> >         libreadline.so.4 is needed by R-base-patched1.9.0-1
> >  My question is: 1.) can I just compile from the tar ball,
>
> Yes.
>
> > or will the same missing lib files be a problem.
>
> No.

Well, yes, they will. Maybe not a compile problem, but otherwise. Not
sure about libg2c, but without libreadline you definitely won't have
command recall.

> > 2.) If compiling from the source will not help, can I add these
> > files somehow, or will suse 9.2 rpms be kindly added soon by some
> > very nice person?

I'd be surprised if the files are not on the SuSE CD somewhere. A bit
strange that they didn't get updated along with the rest of the system
though.