[R] Legend placement in barplot?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Wed Nov 3 18:30:23 CET 2004

Dan Bolser <dmb <at> mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk> writes:

:
: This has been asked before, but all the answers are hidiously complex.
:
: The
:
: legend.text=TRUE
:
: option of barplot is almost exactly what I need, except I need a
:
: legend.placement='tl'
:
: (top left) option. This option would be in contrast to the default
: placement which we could call 'tr' (top right).
:
: Anyone know how to edit the barplot code to make this change? Could
: someone like me work out how to do this?
:

In package gplots (in bundle gregmisc in R 2.0.0) there is smartlegend.