[R] writing a simple package in R 2.0 under Windows XP

H Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Nov 7 20:58:46 CET 2004

Dear all,

Following John Fox and Brian Ripley instructions, things come better.  I
still get errors but they just come at the first step from unappropriate
DESCRIPTION file (which was expected: I just wanted to check if the
software installation was OK for building packages with the "crude"
AnExample from the package.skeleton() doc. I can "quitely" come back to the
"Writing R extension guide" and work on it now).

One mishaps that can be worthy to bold for other listers is that I did not
select the installation of the source package tools in an early
installation of R (it is unselected by default with rw2000.exe). Advised to
re-install R taking this into account for those who gradually try to move
from function development to package writing...

Thanks for the hints kindly provided even a Sunday,

Patrick Giraudoux