[R] Extension provokes crash in unzReadCurrentFile

Mark White mjw at celos.net
Mon Nov 8 13:26:15 CET 2004

I'm doing some work in C with the R_ExternalPointer
interface, and having some seg fault problems.  I expect the
crash is my fault, bad pointer in my code causing a fault
later etc, but I'm curious about the point of failure.

R almost always falls over in a call to unzReadCurrentFile
following a burst of disk activity.  I'm definitely not
doing anything that would call that explicitly, and I don't
notice the bursts of disk activity in similar work without
using my package.

Any idea what might be causing a compressed file read?
Something to do with lazy loading, maybe?  I've tried
disabling it in the package description without success.

This is R 2.0.0 on NetBSD/i386.

Mark <><