[R] Problems with DCOM client packages under R 2.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 8 14:26:02 CET 2004

Lindveld, Charles wrote:

>  I am trying to use the Windows COM interface under R 2.0, and have
> encountered the following difficulties:
>  - the package RDCOMClient installs, loads and works under R 1.9.1,
> installs under R2.0, but does not load or work under R2.0
>  - the package SWinTypeLibs does not install or load under either R
> 1.9.1 or under R2.0
>
> For the moment I am concentrating on the RDCOMClient package as it seems
> to be the most up-to-date one.
> My questions are:
>  - has anybody else had this problem (and found a solution)
>  - is this something that I should be able to easily fix myself (on my
> local installation), or do I have to wait for the maintainer of the
> package to fix it?
>  - if it is something so complicated that only the maintainer can do it,
> is it usual to ask the maintainer if he can do that?
>
> Same questions for the SWinTypeLibs package. The maintainers of
> SWinTypeLibs and RDCOMClient are the same person.

You need the package's binary to be build under R-2.0.x.
You can try to compile from sources yourself.

Or you look at the more or less hidden archive of R-2.0.0 binary
packages for Windows from Omegahat (Duncan TL told me in a private mail
about it):

http://www.omegahat.org/download/R/packages/Windows/R-2.0.0/

Uwe Ligges