[R] Does something like partition.rpart() exist?

Andy Bunn abunn at whrc.org
Wed Nov 10 15:39:09 CET 2004

I might well be wrong, but I don't think there is. I went about rewriting
partition.tree for rpart once but stopped after I realized that it was much
easier to add lines and segments to plots by hand using the coordinates from
the rpart object (I then added a third predictor to my dataset making the
whole process pointless anyways.) Looking at the code for partition.tree and
its embedded function ptXlines gives you hints how to extract the relevant
bits of the tree to add to a plot.

I assume that you've seen this thread?

http://www.r-project.org/nocvs/mail/r-help/2002/0142.html

Sorry not to have been more help.