[R] RSPerl problem with testing

Alicia Amadoz Alicia.Amadoz at uv.es
Thu Nov 11 10:29:58 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install de RSPerl module and i have some problems trying
to test it. I've tried to contact with the author but the e-mail address
seems not to exist. Hope that anyone in this list could explain me a
little about this problem. I have a bash shell and what i do is the
following:

#PERLLIB=/usr/lib/R/library/RSPerl/share/blib/arch:/usr/lib/R/library/RSPerl/share/blib/lib
# export PERLLIB
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/R/bin:/usr/lib/R/library/RSPerl/libs
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
# perl test.pl
1..1
Can't load '/usr/lib/R/library/RSPerl/share/blib/arch/auto/R/R.so' for
module R: /usr/lib/R/library/RSPerl/libs/libPerlConverter.so: undefined
symbol: R_GlobalEnv at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
 at test.pl line 11
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 11.
not ok 1

I move to the /usr/local/src to test again and  i get the same error.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Alicia

Alicia Amadoz
Evolutionary Genetics Unit
Cavanilles Institute for Biodiversity and Evolutionary
Biology
University of Valencia
Apartado Oficial 22085
E-46071 Valencia SPAIN
Phone: (+34) 96 354 3687
FAX: (+34) 96 354 3670
e-mail: alicia.amadoz at uv.es
http://www.uv.es/~amadoz
NOTE! For shipments by EXPRESS COURIER use "Instituto
Cavanilles de Biodiversidad y Biología Evolutiva,
Polígono de la Coma s/n, 46980 Paterna (Valencia),
Spain" instead of P.O. Box no. and Post Code/City above.