[R] OLS error

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Nov 11 21:03:48 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, DrakeGis wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have 142 observations off different variables and I'm trying to do a
> OLS. And I get this error. Any Ideas ?

Well, the posting guide does suggest that precision in the question should
help. The function you are using called ols() seems to be from a local or
contributed package (perhaps Design), since the standard function is lm().
So in addition to telling us which version of R you are using, you could
say which package you are using, and provide a reproducible example.

If you look at help(La.chol2inv), you will see that the function takes
arguments: La.chol2inv(x, size = ncol(x)), where the x provided within the
ols() function with your data has only one row. Could you perhaps make a
data frame out of your variables, and use the data= argument? Are there
many missing values in your variables? Have you tried complete.cases() on
your input data?