[R] R "sumo" package suggestion

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 22:08:49 CET 2004

What exactly is the suggestion?

R does have package bundles.  It ships with a basic collection of
packages.

install.packages will install many packages at once.

R-devel has a function new.packages to find the currently uninstalled
packages, so install.packages(new.packages()) installs them all, should
they actually all work on your system (and that's impossible as several
require a Unix-alike and one requires Windows)