[R] logging messages

Faber Fedor faberfedor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:34:07 CET 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to learn R from an non-statistician's POV. I've got a
statistician who uses R, but I'm the schmuck who has to integrate his
R functions into an automated process.

One of the things I would really like is the ability to log messages
to file, specifically using syslog on a Linux box.  (I also want to
write messages to STDOUT based on a command-line flag, but I figure
that can't be too hard to figure out. If it is too hard to figure out,
you'll be seeing another message from me shortly. :-)

Googling for "syslog site:www.R-project.org" however doesn't give me
much hope. From what I gather, you guys just pipe everything to
STDOUT.

Is there a syslog module, er, extension for R?  If so, how do I find it?

TIA

--

Faber
http://www.linuxnj.com