[R] Please help using SQL with R & SQL Server

Bos, Roger BosR at ny.rothinc.com
Tue Nov 16 18:26:33 CET 2004

I cannot get a database connection in R to my MS SQL Server database.  In
S-Plus 6.2 I have used the following successfully:

	rawdata <- importData(type="DIRECT-SQL", user="xfl2",
password="xfl2", server="rinnycs0059", database="xf", table="",
sqlQuery="select * from testTbl")

In R I have tried both DBI and RSQLite, but have not had any luck.  It
always says cannot find driver.  All the examples use My SQL or some other
program.  I only have SQL Server by Microsoft.  I know R might not have a
native driver, but I have tried "ODBC", too, without luck.  If anyone can
give me an example and hints on finding the driver that would be great!
Thanks.  Roger

********************************************************************** * This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment
of this message is waived or lost by any error in
transmission. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail,
delete the message and all copies from your system and destroy
any hard copies. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.