[R] persp grid

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Nov 17 11:15:49 CET 2004

Joel Bremson wrote:

> I've got a 4x4 matrix of points from a 2-way ANOVA I'd like to plot.
>
> The x,y correspond to the treatment groups and look like this
> ((1,1),(1,2),(1,3),(1,4),(2,1),...).
>
> The z is the 4x4 matrix.
>
> How can I get persp to grid the x,y axis with only the numbers 1-4 on both?

The first question is whether it will be nice to have a surface by just
4x4 points (of probably non-continous variables), the second point is
that it is very hard to have a fixed number of tick marks in persp().
I think it is almost impossible without changing internal code.
As an ugly workaround, you can add text add the corresponding positions
along the axes using the transformation matrix given in the examples of
?persp.

Uwe Ligges