[R] R/S-related projects on Sourceforge? Trove Categorization -GDAL

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Nov 17 21:14:32 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:52:57AM -0500, James.Callahan at CityofOrlando.net wrote:
> > Gretl, RPad and RMetrics, plus Ernesto's FLR and  fsap make five.
>
> Isn't RMetrics at rmetrics.org at the ETH in Zuerich, CH?
>
> > "GDAL Package for R", makes six.
>
> Add RPy (rpy.sf.net) to make seven (or six, if remove RMetrics). Gretl is a
> tad marginal, though.

I'm losing count, rgdal was already mentioned, but I haven't seen:

r-spatial: An R-package for dealing with spatial data in S (R or S-PLUS);
this package should provide classes and methods for spatial data (points,
lines, polygons, grids) that can be relied upon by other packages that use
spatial data.

rarcinfo: RArcInfo is a package for R (http://www.r-project.org) to import
data from binary Arc/Info V7.X coverages and E00 files . This will allow R
users to used it as a primary GIS tool.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand