[R] Re: Informix database

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:45:25 CET 2004

Hi,

see DBI: R/S-Plus Database Interface, maybe it could
help you:

http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/DSC-2001/Proceedings/HothornJamesRipley.pdf

I found:

Other Database Connections from S-Plus

Depending on the platform it's running, S-Plus
provides access to some DBMS through the
importData/exportData functions. Under Microsoft
Windows you may import/export data through ODBC; under
Solaris (and only Solaris) you may import data from
Informix, Oracle, and Sybase. See also the function
executeSQL.

Best regards
Vito

You wrote:
We use Informix database. I was able to connect to the
database with
S-PLUS by using its CONNECT/Java through the JDBC
driver.
How can I connect to Informix with R, wither using
JDBC or any other
method? we run Linux so I prefer a method other than
ODBC.

Thankx for the help

=====
Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palese/