[R] Re: Informix database

David Whiting david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 17:14:03 CET 2004

Yasser El-Zein <abu3ammar at gmail.com> writes:

> There is no DBI implementation for Informix. I would appreciate some
> pointers to R's Java extension, if exists.
> I already have a solution for S-PLUS. I am interested in finding one
> for R to compare the two, otherwise my company will go with S-PLUS.

unixODBC works fine for me using MySQL with R and there appears to be
an Informix driver that works:

"The driver from informix works fine, but you need to have a look at
the doc in the manuals section of the this site"

http://www.unixodbc.org/drivers.html

I haven't tried it, but it looks in principle like you should be able
to access the Informix database from R via unixODBC.

Dave

--
David Whiting
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK