[R] Rd and document formatting

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Nov 20 01:16:44 CET 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:48:11 -0600, Mark Strivens
<mstrivens at houston.rr.com> wrote:

>Thanks Duncan,
>
>I really know nothing about Latex - however the macro you detailed
>below does not exist in the file: /usr/lib/R/share/texmf/Rd.sty
>
>The header of that file reads:
>
>%%% Rd.sty ... Style for printing the R manual
>%%%
>%%% Modified 1998/01/05 by Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
>%%% Modified 1998/07/07 by Martin Maechler
>%%% Modified 1999/11/20 by Brian Ripley
>%%% Modified 1999/12/26 by Kurt Hornik
>
>My R version is 1.8.0 - can update the support files (like Rd.sty)
>without doing
>a total R upgrade?

I don't know, but my instinct would be to avoid mixing files from
different versions.  What you have is a pretty old version, which had
a pretty long list of bugs that were fixed in 1.8.1.  I'd really
strongly recommend upgrading at least to there, and preferably to
2.0.1.

Duncan Murdoch