[R] SAS or R software

Romain François francoisromain at free.fr
Sat Nov 20 10:25:43 CET 2004

Hello,

I think you'll get some bias if you do a survey on what software is
better SAS or R in a R mailing list.

Personnaly, what I like in R is :
    - the fact to you have to know what you are doing to do it,
    - the graphic potential is outstanding (only limited by the
imagination of the user, just check the graph on the web page of R :
http://www.r-project.org/ and try to do so with SAS, goooood luck !! )
    - the mailing list is great
    - and many many many other things

what I like in SAS :
    - nothing

So in my opinion, leaving or considering the commercial aspect (but that
counts too) I think there is no competition.

Something else, go on http://www.sas.com/ and search for the word
"statistic", missing, isn't it curious for a statistical software ?

Romain FRANCOIS : francoisromain at free.fr
06 18 39 14 69 / 01 46 80 65 60
Etudiant en 3eme année
Institut de Statistique de l'Université de Paris (ISUP)
Filière Industrie et Services
http://www.isup.cicrp.jussieu.fr/