[R] Help with ooplot(gplots) and error bars

Jean-Louis Abitbol abitbol at sent.com
Sun Nov 21 12:31:13 CET 2004

Dear All

I am trying to graph a proportion and CI95% by a factor with ooplot (any
other better solution ?)

It works well until I try to add the confidence interval.

this is the error message and and a description of the data:

 > dat1
        PointEst
TT1   1      3.6
TT2   2      5.0
TT3   3      5.8
TT4   4     11.5
TT5   5      7.5
TT5   6      8.7
TT7   7     17.4
> dat2
        Lower
TT1   1   1.0
TT2   2   2.2
TT3   3   2.7
TT4   4   6.7
TT5   5   3.9
TT5   6   4.6
TT7   7  11.5
> dat3
        Upper
TT1   1  12.3
TT2   2  11.2
TT3   3  12.1
TT4   4  19.1
TT5   5  14.2
TT5   6  15.6
TT7   7  25.6
> ooplot(dat1,type="barplot",col=rich.colors(7,"temperature"),names.arg=c("X","Y","Z","A","B","C","D"),plot.ci=T,
+ ci.l=dat2,ci.u=dat3, xlab="Treatment", ylab="Percent Normalized
Patients")
Error in ooplot.default(dat1, type = "barplot", col = rich.colors(7,
"temperature"),  :
        'height' and 'ci.u' must have the same dimensions.

I have tried various ways of supplying ci.l and ci.u (including a
vector)

Thanks for the help that anyone can bring,

Regards, JL