[R] Re: R problems [Debian testing]

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 23 13:22:23 CET 2004

Zoltan,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:04:14AM -0800, Zoltan Nagy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote you this email because I have some problems
> with
> the R library's. I use R Version 2.0.0 and it cannot
> load
> some libraries, eg:
> library();
> MASS                    ** No title available
> (pre-2.0.0 install?) **

You need a version of the r-cran-vr package compiled under R 2.0.0. These
have been out for weeks, but will only migrate from Debian unstable to Debian
testing once the most current package is
-- at least ten days old without any bug reports
-- compiled on all architectures
-- and these two conditions hold for all packages it depends on.

The combination of these three requirements has prevented the package from
migrating to testing.  It will, however, work there -- so in the interim,
please install the package manually from

       http://packages.debian.org/r-cran-vr

and likewise for other packages you may need.  The "apt-pinning" method is
nice too, there are some HOWTOs available.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll cc r-help as other people may have the
same issue.

Regards,  Dirk

--
If your hair is standing up, then you are in extreme danger.
      -- http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/fp1ex3.htm