[R] Automatic file reading

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 24 13:42:04 CET 2004

If you simply want read all files in a given directory, you can do
something like:

fullpath = "/home/andersm/tmp"
filenames <- dir(fullpath,pattern="*")
pair <- sapply(filenames,function(x)
{read.table(paste(fullpath,'/',x,sep=""))})

Sorry, untested.  But the point is that you can use dir to get all of
the filenames specified by pattern from a directory specified by
fullpath.

Sean