[R] >2GB dataset

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 17:02:05 CET 2004

Absolutely no problem on 64-bit OSes with enough memory.  Many 32-bit OSes
have problems with > 2Gb files.

Please do read the posting guide and tell us basic facts like which OS you
are running on, so we don't have to speculate to answer your question.

Also, what you want to do with the dataset?   This matters crucially.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk