[R] coplot =? gannt chart + bargraph

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Wed Nov 24 17:55:39 CET 2004

I would like to display some results from simulations in the form of a
Gantt chart (progress) with a barchart (production) of another variable
below (something very similar to coplot charts). I'm not sure if I should
attempt to build this from scratch (using grid or some of the basic
graphics features) or if there's a similar feature in one of the existing
packages.

I need to take the following (truncated) results,

unit,week,machine,volume,pdxratio
0,14,1,925.402525,1.000000
0,15,1,925.402525,1.000000
0,16,1,925.402525,1.000000
0,17,1,702.792425,0.759445
1,46,1,1007.664896,1.000000
1,47,1,1007.664896,1.000000
1,48,1,1007.664896,1.000000
1,49,1,563.005311,0.558723
2,33,1,1019.781108,1.000000
2,34,1,1019.781108,1.000000
2,35,1,1019.781108,1.000000
2,36,1,697.656677,0.684124
3,41,2,1043.451341,1.000000
3,42,2,1043.451341,1.000000
3,43,2,1043.451341,1.000000
3,44,2,741.645977,0.710762
4,7,2,1048.494508,1.000000
4,8,2,1048.494508,1.000000

and generate charts over unit and week (both as factors?) and think I
should be using aggregate, but wanted to find out if there's a better
method.

Thanks,
Jeff.

--