[R] R vs SPSS

Nassar nassar at noos.fr
Thu Nov 25 16:40:03 CET 2004

Vito,

I use SPSS mainly for descriptive analysis (tables, graphs, factor
analysis..) and for data manipulation (you can see your data and
verify/control each step of your manipulation), mainly exploring the
analysis I need to develop in R (advanced clustering modelling,
simulations..).
SPSS huge worry : ITS VALUE.. Just actualize the annual fees ..
If you have a lot of data manipulation and table/easy graphs production, you
can consider it..
For statistical issues, spend the money into R trainings and R contribution

Best regards
Naji