[R] problem of writting large data into files

Hu Chen chencheva at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 12:38:24 CET 2004

Hi all.
I used to use write.table() to write data into file. However , it
seems that write.table() waste a lot of memory on caching temporary
variables. Thus it ofen fails on writting larg matrix/frame into file.
I noticed that write.matrix() may be better. But how could I write the
column names and row names into file, such as "date" "buy" "sell",
instead of "[,1]" , "[,2]" , "[,3]"?
Anyone has some experience about this? Any other functions work better?
Thanks in advance.
                             Tiger