[R] Building latest version of package

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 14:21:10 CET 2004

Hi

I have a package which was built using R 1.9.1 and everything worked
fine.  I recently upgraded to R 2.0.1 and tried to re-install my package
- and I got:

Error in library(mypackage) : 'mypackage' is not a valid package --
installed < 2.0.0?

So I tried rebuilding it using my new version of R:

R CMD BUILD --binary mypackage

hhc: not found
cp: cannot stat `mypackage.chm': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [chm-mypackage] Error 1
make: *** [pkg-mypackage] Error 2
*** Installation of mypackage failed ***

Removing 'f:/tmp/Rbuild.2972/mypackage'
 ERROR
* installation failed

I didn't have these problems before.  What is "hhc" and why can't R find
it?

In general, will I have to re-build my package everytime a new version
of R is released?

Many thanks

Mick