[R] Using mimR

Andreas Cordes andreas.cordes at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Nov 30 17:28:40 CET 2004

Hi,
I am trying to use the mimR Package. According to its help pages it
needs the RDCOMClient package to run.
When I try to evaluate a model I get

 > m.sat<-mim("..",data=gm.dat)
Error in mim.cmd("clear; clear output") : couldn't find function "COMCreate"
 > m2.sat<-emfit(m.sat)
Error in toMIM(mim$data) : Object "m.sat" not found
 > imputeMissing()
Error in mim.cmd("impute") : couldn't find function "COMCreate"
 > imp.dat<-retrieveData()
Error in mim.cmd("pf 12,8", look.nice = FALSE) :
        couldn't find function "COMCreate"

I first thought mimR might not automatically load RDCOMClient, but it
turned out that RDCOMClient may not be called vie library at al, even
though it was installed correctly.

 > library(RDCOMClient)
Error in library(RDCOMClient) : 'RDCOMClient' is not a valid package --
installed < 2.0.0?

Does anybody have an idea what the source of the problem might be?

thanks and best regards
Andreas