[R] adding regression curve to xyplot

Carlisle Thacker Carlisle.Thacker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 30 17:59:28 CET 2004

The axes are switched in xyplot.  Oceanographers like to have temperature
as the vertical axis and salinity horizontal.  But temperature is used to
predict salinity.  Confusing, and makes everything complicated.

So panel.abline(thislm) would give the wrong line, as would
type=c("p","r").  And neither would handle a parabolic fit.

The problem was my using t rather than y when getting news.

Thanks for all the help.