[R] (no subject)

anne berthouly berthoulyanne at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 18:15:03 CET 2004

Dear all,

IÂ’ve got problems concerning crossed random effects and nested effects using
the function  "lme": I have two crossed random effects and I would like to
nest each of them in a fixed factor and also test for the effects of these
fixed factors.
At the moment my model looks like this:
Lme1<-lme(x~(A+B+C+D+E)^2, random=list(grp
=pdBlocked(list(pdIdent(~Z-1),pdIdent(~W-1)))))
I would like to nest Z in A and C (C/A/Z), an W in B and C (C/B/W) (A,B,C
being 3 fixed factors with two levels).

If  you have a response to this kind of problem, could you please help me.

Thank you,
Anne Berthouly