[R] Lattice .ps graphic is rotated in LaTeX slides

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 3 04:03:40 CEST 2004

On 2 Oct 2004, at 8:04 PM, r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 10:58, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>> Michael Friendly <friendly at yorku.ca> writes:
>>
>>> ! Package graphics Error: Division by 0.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong, or how could I do it differently so it would
>>> work?
>>
>> You might try \usepackage{graphicx} instead. I seem to recall
>> (vaguely) getting better results with that sometimes.
>

> That should be part of the preamble for using 'seminar', if it is setup
> properly.
>
> There is a decent tutorial for using seminar at:
>
> http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~eddie/soft/tutorial.html
>
> There is also a great reference for including graphics in LaTeX:
>
> www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf
>
> FWIW, though I have been using seminar for such presentations, I have
> been recently looking at the Beamer package:
>
> http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/
>
> and of course, there is also the Prosper package:
>
> http://prosper.sourceforge.net/
>
> The one advantage of the Beamer package, for those that require it, is
> that it supports pdflatex, which the others do not. Though, it can be
> used with dvips/latex + ps2pdf, where needed.
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc

Note also the package pdfscreen, for use with pdflatex

www.river-valley.com/download2.shtml

This pretty much uses regular latex, with the page dimensions
changed and the font attributes redefined to make them
larger than usual inside the slide environment.  Be sure to
load the packages xspace and colortbl as well as pdfscreen.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Bioinformation Science, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.