[R] Identifying time series

John DeAngelis john.deangelis at moorecap.com
Mon Oct 4 15:00:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am currently attempting to introduce R at my company and am trying to
import time series data from a text file into R to graph. The format of the
text file is in date, data (e.g.,  20040929 3.361). My problem is that I do
not know how to get R to recognize the first column as a business date
series. Or at the very least, I am unable to find a function that will grap
the second column (y-axis) against the date series (x-axis). If you could
tell me how to graph this type of data, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank
you.

Regards,

John DeAngelis